Did you know it is possible for your car to be set on fire? This scary hazard could be due to an unidentified need for a recall, your engine being in danger of overheating, and more hazards. Understanding the warning signs can help you avoid accidents and injuries.
How do you know if your vehicle is going to catch on fire? Well, it may not be the typical scene you imagine in a cartoon with mountains of smoke rising from the hood of the car. Here are some tips to stay safe and prevent fires:
- Many car fires can be caused by collisions. Therefore, you should always drive defensively and following the rules of the road, including the speed limit.
- Keep both the inside and outside of your car away from trash and other flammable materials.
- Keep a small fire extinguisher in your vehicle in case a fire starts so the car isn’t a total loss.
- Check your fuel lines regularly and if they are cracked, split, old, or decomposing, get them fixed quickly to prevent a fire.
- Maintain a clean engine to decrease the chances of a fire.
- Transport small quantities of gasoline in your car since it is a highly flammable substance.
- Electrical problems in your car could spark a fire, so make sure these issues are dealt with before driving.
At Metropolitan Insurance Service Consultants, Inc, we hope these tips help you stay safe in your vehicle. You rely on this piece of transportation for many reasons, so if it were to catch on fire, you would experience lots of loss. However, in order to protect your car, you can invest in our auto insurance. This policy can be personalized and cater to your unique lifestyle. We have the experience needed to assess your current situation in order to find the right policy for you. Our team strives for affordable and comprehensive insurance, so come to us today!